Friday, January 27, 2012

Ramblings on a Friday

  • I just received a call from my clinic informing me that the result of my Gestational test, taken two weeks ago, is normal. Also, she (the nurse, spoke in broken English) told me that my Hemoglobin level is low thus prescribed me to double my Iron intake. Yes, I'm anemic. 
  • Still can't get over the fact that Alan Rickman (Severus Snape in HP movies) did not get an Oscar best supporting actor nomination.
  • The Oscars should have given Meryl Streep a lifetime achievement award waaaayyy back since she has been nominated many times. We all know that whoever competes for a best actress award is still nothing compared to the Meryl Streep.
  • My recent pregnancy cravings are Oreo (with choco and peanut butter filling) and Minute Maid orange juice (with pulp).
  • It's still January and I'm almost done with my to-read-while-waiting-for-Spring books. Must buy new ones or look for alternative hobbies to keep me occupied until Amber's arrival.
  • While browsing my shelf, I found a Haruki Murakami book shelved unread (The Elephant Vanishes). This will employ my attention until mid February. 
  • Boredom led me to browse files of my seven year old external hard disk. I wasted yesterday and the day before yesterday looking at old photos of me and friends, while listening to mushy oldies song (the likes of: Bread, Earth Wind & Fire, England Dan, and Irene Cara). They are soothing and depressing. In 2004, single and corny, I used to listen to mushy songs overnight on lonely Fridays. Listening to them now with the bleak cold weather outside is mushiness perfection.

1 comment:

Nashe^ said...

You just reminded me that I need to get a hard disk. lol.

Lots of funny things go on in the Oscars, and sometimes I wonder how the people judging can have such different judgement from the masses!