Thursday, April 23, 2009

Going home for a makeover, and will be coming back with extra pounds

T will be back in Cebu tonight so that allows me to have no one to skype with later.

(boring nights ahead…)

Will follow suit on the 29th (that is less than a week from now), so it’s not surprising that I’m wishing for days to pass by quickly.

*excited*

The last time I stood on Cebu soil feels like eons ago. And that homecoming was all because for our wedding (and also for my resignation from ex-company).

Heard it right. I got married May last year and we’re on our way to our first anniversary as a married couple next month, but we won’t be able to make it on THAT day. Therefore, we decided to have an advance celebration within first week of May before we head back to our barracks (read: respective work destinations). It is just fitting to go home on a Golden Week (a series of consecutive holidays in Japan dubbed as such) because nothing could be more golden-ish than spending a week of worshipping-slash-hating the sun in Cebu.

Other than our first anniv, I am soooo looking forward to everything homey. Like…

1.) Walking barefoot by the beach while appreciating the view, boys, girls(?) and the sun.

2.) Lechon baboy (roasted pig), Siomai sa Tisa, and everything Pinoy (slang for the word ‘Filipino’). My taste buds have been craving for those, and whatever kilos I’ll gain as an aftermath –--- aaaah..will have to worry later.

3.) Mani/Pedi. I haven’t been taking care of my nails and toes other than cutting them and removing unsightly cuticles. FYI: They don’t have pedicure services here (I think). Saw several for manicure services but quite hefty unless you’re a fan of nail art –-- cost would then be absolutely secondary.

4.) Haircut! Been deliberating on whether to cut or not to cut my hair since January. It wasn’t easy. I mean, considering factors such as language barrier (that may result in tragedy), the ability to pull-off the look, and cost-benefit analysis (it’s the Accountant in me, lol).

5.) My nephew, River. The last time I saw him, he was 7 months old --– quite heavy, adorable and passive, as most babies are. He turned 1 last October so I’m hoping he’s still adorable and not the boring type of baby who just stares back at you and says nothing. Well, boring is better than whiny.

6.) Dine at new restaurants in town.

7.) Our wedding album!! The draft was sent through email two months ago for our comments which I later found necessary because in one photo, T had his eyes closed that made him immediately reply to their email, lol. Of course, I understand the ‘seriousness’ of the matter because I would have done the same thing. It’s OUR wedding album which I bet our grandkids will make fun of.

8.) A lot of paperwork --- not something to look forward to doing but a MUST!

The list can go endless but I need to stop. I don’t want to put too much pressure on me (or us) to do these things --- for I only have a week. Besides, I just want to relax and get away from work for a while.

Today is about to end so the current stats are: 1 down, 6 to go!

P.S. T said "I'll be expecting your callS". Hmm..he's begging me to annoy him.

10 comments:

alaine said...

wow.. I can't imagine being able to do all that in a week, mor. But anyway, enjoy the trip and most especially, enjoy the vacation! :)

Nashe^ said...

The beach thing sounds great right now. And the only thing in my mind when you said 'Pinoy' was Jericho Rosales. Hehe.

Hope you have a blast on your anniversary!

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

Wow, do share your wedding album with us. I'd love to see pics of your wedding. I went for another trim earlier this week and the trim ended up being a huge hair cut. what was nice and long that reached my bra line went down to a little past the shoulders and from a little past the shoulders it is now just a little above the shoulders! tsk tsk...

amor said...

@Lainee
I know, the list sounds ambitious (except for meeting River, lol) but I'll do my very best to squeeze them in one week.

@Nashe
LOL! How'd you know about Jericho Rosales? He's cute though but not my type.

@ChinkyMel
Just in time for Summer. I think short hair is cute but quite hard to maintain once they hit the shoulders (hate it!). Anyway, you can view my wedding-related posts with pics by clicking the 'wedding tales' tag/label at the left of my page. Sure, I will post one sample page of the album soon.

Anonymous said...

does Philippines have the best beach ever? I'm sure it is. and mani/pedi is my all time favoriteee... :)))))

Nashe^ said...

The show Pangako Sayo is quite a hit in Singapore... with the older Malay crowd. Heh heh.

amor said...

@Nityamonto
I haven't been to other beaches (around the world) other than the ones in P.I. Maybe, yes(!?)

@Nashe
Whaaattt?!? I didn't know it was shown SG. It was a huge hit in P.I.

shiera (bisdakbabbles) said...

wahhh buti ka pa... uli ka sa cebu. There's a nearby Filipino carenderia, but I miss something that I can't find here: lechon!!!

The Demigoddess said...

Hey! Hit me up when you're in town. We can have coffee..or do something more fun like eating.

@Nashe Pangako Sa 'Yo=Yuck! Sorry.

amor said...

@shiera
lol! i'm craving it now!

@Angel
I'll be in Cebu only for a week. If time permits, I would loovvvvveee to meet the demigoddess in person.