Sunday, May 06, 2018

11 years and counting

So three days from today, I will be actually enjoying the rest of Summer. Not that April was a bore, it was actually memorable. It is just that my days will be less contrived, predictable but rather spent more on personal things. In a nutshell, I am leaving the workforce temporarily.

Before I embark on another journey towards career, I have long decided to take a break and spend more time with Amber. I will probably be unable to spend longer time with her when school starts so the best I can give her now is my quality time. In addition to that, I will be able to do the things I have been wanting to do. I know a month sounds too ambitious to do all these things but I know for sure, it's not impossible.

For the remaining days of Summer and before Amber starts school, I will dedicate my time to:

1) Spending quality time with Amber. It could be malling, watching cartoons with her all day or simply cooking or getting her fed.

2) Painting. Go buy that medium size canvas and create a masterpiece!

3) Finish reading that Neil Gaiman book. I haven't read a book from him but I did hear a lot of good reviews of him.

4) Watch movies.

Without the worry work, I will have the time at my disposal - temporarily.

By the way, I have been blogging for eleven years now. I know this blog is not a superstar (not that I want it to be), it is just nice knowing that Amber will have something to read about me and her and all things trivial surrounding us in the future. Some are cringeworthy but who gets exemption from that phase anyway. 

No comments: