Saturday, April 28, 2018

Boracay

Before its temporary closure as mandated by the government to fix its sewerage problems and environmental issues, we were able to visit the place on my birth week. In January, we decided to book a flight to Boracay (thanks partly to Mabuhay mileage redemption) before the whole closure issue came to light. We were lucky enough that it didn't happen sooner or on the day of our scheduled trip.

The last time I set foot on its white sands was in 2007, more than a decade ago. I even made two lengthy posts to document the whole trip which were cringeworthy but hey, we all go through that phase. Feel free to click here and here

Before, T and I did every tourist must do (i.e. snorkeling, island-hopping and boart riding). This time, having been there and done those, we just decided to chill, take all interesting sights in and let Amber have a blast.
us.

(Top L-R)

Boracay Island as seen from above. It was my first time to see from this perspective. Although we flew by plane last time, it seems the route was different because that was via Cebu - Kalibo. This time it's to Caticlan wherein the travel time is shorter. It was actually Amber who pointed out the beautiful view. Ever since Amber travelled with us, we always let her take the window seat and she seems to enjoy and even point out landscapes and seascapes coupled with questions which I try my hardest to answer.


Amber playing by the waves.


While waiting for the sunset.


(Middle L-R)

It cannot be denied that Boracay has one of the best views of sunset. Having been to several beaches in the Philippines, so far they pale in comparison to Boracay. And although it may be too soon to say that, I will freely correct myself in the future.


The selfie, of course.


The Tides, the hotel we checked in, was kind enough to give toys for Amber.


(Bottom L-R)

My neverending love for sunsets. Every thing falls right in perspective every time I look at sunsets or nature for that matter. It somehow reminds me to just chill and enjoy life, others are immaterial in the end.


Starbucks Boracay. The place is just love. I hate to admit that I am one of those who love the coffee chain and I am not ashamed. 


Still, it's all about her. Amber and my birthday are just four days apart. All this was for her to enjoy. I know at some point in her life that she will probably just remember a few bits from this trip or entirely forget about it but I will always remember this. We will definitely come back and I have to admit, the older she got, the more I am excited to see how far our wandering feet will take us. Happy Birthday to us, my love.


No comments: