Sunday, February 09, 2014

Snowy Weekend

08 Feb 2014 Saturday, 7:33pm

The snow fell the whole of Saturday. Though I was aware as per weather forecast a few days ago, I didn't expect it to be so heavy. It was until a senior officemate, prior to leaving that Friday, told me to enjoy the thick snow tomorrow. The word that caught my attention that had me mentally take down notes of to-buy-list was 'Thick'.
I immediately went to the grocery upon arriving Inage Kaigan stn while T went to fetch Amber. I stocked up on a lot of food and whatever that will last for the whole weekend.

The next day, Sunday. In my ugly but very reliable Vans boots - still serving me well since 2009.

Amber on her first snow experience. She enjoyed every bit of it. The cold seem not to bother her.

The snow was really thick, around 2 feet. Our feet sank at every step.

Amber and her green shovel! This was her favorite toy for a few months last year. 


Treading on a melting snow. Good luck for tomorrow's treading challenge.

Parting shot. I rarely have my pic taken lately. Now that I'm getting old, I should take advantage of technology as often as I used to. Back in 2004 to 2008, I enjoyed having my photo taken or taking self portraits (selfie was not a word then). When Amber arrived, taking photos was my way of documenting her growth. So from now on, I'm going to make it a point to take photos of ourselves as a way of documenting us. It is only by phone that I take photos of her or me recently which has caused the comatose state of my heavy camera. So, yes, I'm going to bring the heavy camera out often now before it dies out for good.


No comments: