Saturday, June 15, 2013

Food Trip - Pizza-La

The weather has been gloomy and rainy since Monday. I was hoping the weekends will be spared but when I checked the forecast yesterday, it looks like the streets will not dry up until the coming Wednesday. 

With this lazy weather, we ditched the idea of cooking dinner and chose the easy route: pizza delivered at our doorstep. 

Pizza-La is very popular in Japan. According to Wikipedia:
Pizza-La (ピザーラ Pizāra?) is the highest-grossing pizza chain in Japan. Franchises of the chain are located in 34 of Japan's 47 prefectures. The company has its headquarters in the Zenkaren Building (全菓連ビル Zenkaren Biru?) in southern AoyamaMinato,Tokyo.[1]The company's slogan is "All the taste and toppings you want on a pizza, straight from our oven to your door!"
This is actually my second time to order Pizza-La via phone in my best Nihonggo possible!? I actually had a hard time giving her my address. In fact, I even suggested to give me her (the employee) email add so that I can just send her a screenshot of our location in Google map, LOL! She finally figured out my location without my help.

Love the simplicity of the design. One would expect a photo of a pizza on the cover.
In their menu, you can choose which type of crust: Italian, Hand Toss or Super Crispy.

Chicken Nuggets (12 pcs) for 600JPY only.
Pepperoni Garlic Mozzarella (M size, Super Crispy) at 1,980JPY.

They offer plenty of variety and side dishes are also available. And as always the case, one having the most pepperoni wins.

Pizza-La only offers food delivery. In my many years of living here in Japan, I have not seen a Pizza-la restaurant. In Tsudanuma, I only saw a small space with a counter where they take orders. (If ever they have, please feel free to correct me.) 

Pizza-La site with English menu.
http://www.pizza-la.co.jp/MenuEnglish.aspx

No comments: