Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Food Trip - Kisara

While looking for a place to dine last Saturday (refer to previous post). We went inside Seoul Finance Center as there is a mall in the basement floors. Restaurants are many and surprisingly, mostly Japanese. We randomly chose Kisara.

I checked the meaning of the Kanji characters. The first character is 'Ki'  and means 'seasons'. The last character is 'Sara' and means 'grow late' or 'night watch'.

Interior was dim. Only a few lights were turned on. And good for Amber, there's not much noise to disturb her slumber as there were only four tables occupied (including ours).

Here's our meal.

Appetizer: Japanese salad. Free of charge.

 Tempura Udon. Good for two. It tasted better than the Izakaya diner near Pyeongchon station where we frequent for affordable Japanese food. Definitely, the best udon I've had outside Japan. 

Shrimp and Vegetable Tempura with soba noodles. This was so-so. I'm a huge fan of shrimp tempura but not for vegetable tempura. 

Fried Chicken with soba noodles. A little disappointed on this. They were more of fried chicken skin. KFC's fried chicken are wayyy better. 

Service was great. Price is steep but reasonable. I love that there was no background music playing, just the clashing metals of utensils were heard from the open kitchen -- which I didn't find irritating though. Hence Amber remained asleep all through out which was a relief to both of us.

KISARA
B2 Seoul Finance Center
Tel no. 02-3783-0002
http://www.sfckorea.co.kr/eng/life/restaurant18.asp

4 comments:

Lizzie said...

I suddenly miss Jap food. This country is lacking a good Jap resto. :(

Unknown said...

Looks so appetizing! :D I have a preference for Japanese, so your photos are making me hungrier than I really am.


Abi
http://thebelatedbloomer.blogspot.com

Eva said...

Oh, made me hungry just by looking at the photos. :D

xoxo
Eva
Whatever Eva

Serene said...

You have been nominated for a liebster award :)
Please check my blog.
Thanks! :)

xo,
ning