Tuesday, August 04, 2009

the woman in yellow suit

I was born under the Marcos regime (1980) but it was Corazon Aquino (sworn, by the people, to office in 1986) who I came to acknowledge as the first Filipino president of my existence. During the first five or so years in the 80s, I was still a kid (completely devoid of interest in politics) and all I cared was that every day is playday. Of course, I’ve seen tidbits of news coverage about the EDSA revolution but it never occurred to me that it was a turning-point in the history of the Philippines.

With her aid, Democracy found its way to the Filipinos.

May she rest in peace.

3 comments:

Nashe^ said...

She had a cool name. Corazon. Hmm.

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

amen to that...

The Demigoddess said...

Funny how I always say that when people die, no matter how horrible they were, even if they were a criminal, they always get awesome eulogies. I used to laugh at that.

When Corazon died, I knew the eulogies were true. She was truly an awesome woman and formidable president.