Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Summer Essentials #1

I found Laneige by chance while spending Summer in 2010 at Ulsan. At the time, I recently recovered from a bad skin crisis that made my ex-HG moisturizer ineffective and led me to go back using Clinique moisture surge. But being a bum at that time, I went searching for a less costly alternative and found Laneige. The price difference is very minor, actually. 

But what I like about Laneige is that it does not just sit on my face unlike Clinique moisture surge and others. It sinks, reduces redness and non-greasy.

Since having left Korea for Japan in December 2012, I changed my moisturizer to L'Occitane because Laneige is not available here. For a year, my face went through hell and back so when I found a seller of Korean cosmetics at Amazon JP, it has become my supplier for Laneige and my skin somehow managed to behave.

I normally order in twos considering it takes about 2 weeks for my parcel to be delivered.

Just recently found that there has been a change on their packaging and noticeable change in the gel's color.

Left: old, right: new. Even the spatulas have changed (in photo: not placed on the correct jar. Too lazy to retake). The new packaging is heavier, feels like twice the old. And honestly, old packaging looks better. 
Left: new, right: old. Other than the packaging, the old version has more scent and color was almost transparent. The new version barely has scent and of white-ish color. I have yet to see for any differences in results though I have started using the new for less than a week now.

Along with this, my Summer beauty must haves are pretty basic which suits well for a busy working mom. 
Clockwise from top left: 
Anna Sui lip balm, Laneige water bank gel cream, Revlon Just  Bitten Kissable balm stain in Honey, La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL, YSL compact powder and Estee Lauder face brush. 

The La Roche-Posay was a recent discovery after reading a lot of beauty blogs, LOL! It's a famous French drugstore brand that is (thankfully) available in Plaza (a wasteland of cute and assorted things) and Tokyu Hands (mother wasteland of cute and assorted things). I love this stuff because unlike others, it does not leave a white cast on my face. Initially it does but disappears after few minutes. I used to combine it with moisturizer but found that it's better to let the moisturizer sink in first, then apply sun protection. This is liquid, spreads easily and non-sticky so it's very suitable for Summer season. 

No comments: