Sunday, July 19, 2015

House Project files (pt.2)

It's been a month since I posted the progress of my house project. Basing on the photos, I don't think it will be done in September this year. Not being pessimistic but that's how it looks to me unless extra manpower will be involved. Anyway, here are latest photos.

The stairs had been changed. The railings, as per latest information, were taken off and will be changed to something more good-looking.

The terrace. It's quite big which also covers the little sidewalk leaving nothing for passersby, LOL. The original design of the house (refer to previous post for virtual assistance) was flat and boring. Thus, the terrace idea. Well, I love a terrace in a home. It will serve as my reading area and a hang-out place.

The extension above the extension. The kitchen area was not in the original design. I know, the original layout was very small it could not possibly pass as a family home. Above this extended area will be the master's bedroom.

The Toilet & Bath needs a lot of work. We will start from zero.

The kitchen. I was thinking of changing the windows to be more consistent with the rest of the house but on the contrary, for cost saving, maybe I should keep it. 

The countertop will extend to the right wall. The current state is too small for a working space. So far, no room in this house has given me any excitement than the kitchen. I don't even enjoy cooking much but I am interested in expanding my culinary skills. A nice and functional kitchen would be conducive for learning.

It's still a long way to go but surely it will be finished this year, and get to spend Christmas on our very own home.

No comments: